Get Rid of The Fouling of RO Membrane System
Reverse osmosis water treatment is one of the most important areas of water treatment. Therefore, the related situation of reverse osmosis membrane corrosion and scale inhibitors has always been the focus of attention in the industry.
Many people know the important role of reverse osmosis corrosion and scale inhibitors. The principle of action for reverse osmosis scale inhibitors. There are very few people who know.
The addition of reverse osmosis corrosion and scale inhibitors is beneficial to reduce the production cost of enterprises. During the operation of the reverse osmosis membrane, particles, colloids, or solute molecules (such as Ca2+, Mg2+, CO32-, SO42-, SiO2, etc.) in the feedwater interact with the membrane.
Due to concentration polarization. Some solutes are allowed to exceed their solubility on the surface of the membrane. This causes adsorption and deposition on the surface of the membrane or in the pores of the membrane, resulting in smaller pore size or blockage of the membrane. The membrane permeation flow rate and separation characteristics are changed.
If the scale inhibitor for reverse osmosis membranes is not added, the reverse osmosis system will have very serious fouling phenomenon for 10-15 days. This leads to a decrease in the production of reverse osmosis and a deterioration in the quality of the produced water. Affect the normal operation of reverse osmosis equipment. Increase operating energy consumption. Shorten the life of reverse osmosis membranes.
The scale inhibitor for reverse osmosis membrane can effectively inhibit the occurrence of fouling.Allow the system to run for 3-6 months or even longer without scaling.Keep the membrane surface clean. This avoids frequent replacement of expensive reverse osmosis membranes.
Quality Inspection of Reverse osmosis scale inhibitor
1. The physical constant test, such as the density of the liquid drug, the viscosity, the melting point of the solid drug, and the like.
2. Obtaining spectra or their spectral characteristics such as ultraviolet absorption spectrum, infrared spectrum, and nuclear magnetic resonance spectrum.
For some agents, chromatographic characterization values (specific shift values, retention times, etc.) can also be tested.
3. PH value, generally based on the PH value of 1% aqueous solution.
4. Main chemical reactions, such as functional group reactions, ion reactions, and the like.
In the identification of scale inhibitors, one of the identification tests cannot be used as the sole basis for judgment. A comprehensive review of the results of the relevant project is required. Then comprehensive analysis. Finally, we can make a correct and reliable judgment.
In addition, the physical parameters of the scale inhibitor can also reflect the quality of the water treatment agent more intuitively. This has direct help for identification.
Reverse Osmosis Scale Inhibitor Function Evaluation
1. Scanning electron microscopy can be used to observe the nucleation, growth, aggregation and adsorption processes of the crystal.
2. The growth of calcium carbonate crystals was observed by an atomic force microscope. It can be seen that the scale inhibitor inhibits it.
3. The X-ray diffraction method can be used to distinguish the scale inhibitor. The fineness level of the scaled sample, the level of distortion of the crystal, and the change of the crystal system.
4. With the particle size spreader, it can be studied under the premise of having a scale inhibitor. Nucleation of scaled materials and growth energy science.
The above is the method for judging the pros and cons of reverse osmosis scale inhibitors and hopes to help you in your future use to ensure the best application results.