The Best Way to Use Corrosion and Scale Inhibitor 2019
Anyone who uses reverse osmosis water treatment equipment knows that there is a water treatment chemical called a scale inhibitor. It has a good dispersion effect. The scale inhibitor can decompose the poorly soluble inorganic salts in the water, interfere with or prevent the precipitation and scaling of impurities on the surface of the membrane. So do you know how to use scale inhibitors?
How to use the scale inhibitor, we must master three points. The scale inhibitor plus dosing point, the dosage and the method of dispensing the medicament.
1. Dosing point: In order to achieve maximum efficiency, the scale inhibitor is preferably added before static mixing or filter. The actual reading of the dosing pump must be calibrated prior to dosing. When adding, pay attention to continuous addition and proportional to the influent flow. This maintains the recommended level of dosing.
2. Dosing amount: The dosage of the standard solution required for the influent per unit volume of the dosage is the dosing concentration of the standard solution in the influent water.
3. The preparation of the drug description: the scale inhibitor can be directly added, can also be diluted according to any ratio of dosing (diluted with RO water or deionized water). The dilution of the standard solution should not be less than 10% (w/w). The diluted solution must be thoroughly stirred to ensure even mixing.
How can we increase the stability of corrosion and scale inhibitors?
The corrosion and scale inhibitor is a chemical reagent. All chemical reagents have chemical properties. Chemical properties refer to the chemical elements in this reagent. How active are these chemical elements? Which elements does it easily react with? Which products are produced after the reaction?
If you want the reagent to not react chemically, you need to make the reagent more stable in order to fully exert its effectiveness. Corrosion and scale inhibitors are widely used in industry, which requires stabilization of their chemical properties. There are currently three ways to increase its stability.
1. The viscosity of the scale inhibitor dispersion medium has a certain influence on the stability of the corrosion and scale inhibitor.
In general, the greater the viscosity of the dispersion medium, the higher the stability of the water treatment corrosion and scale inhibitor. This is because the viscosity of the dispersion medium is large, and the Brownian motion of the liquid bead is strongly hindered. It slows down the collision between the beads and keeps the system stable.
2. The charge of the liquid bead has a significant effect on the stability of the water treatment corrosion and scale inhibitor.
Stable water treatment corrosion and scale inhibitors, the liquid beads are generally charged. Since the liquid droplets of the emulsion have the same kind of electric charge, they are mutually repelled and are not easily agglomerated, resulting in an increase in stability.
It can be seen that the more ions of the corrosion and scale inhibitor adsorbed on the liquid bead, the greater the charge amount, and the greater the ability to prevent the liquid bead coalescence.
3. In some cases, the addition of solid powder to the equipment of the washing plant can also stabilize the corrosion and scale inhibitor.
The solid powder is in water, oil or at the interface, depending on the ability of the oil or water to wet the solid powder. Water treatment corrosion and scale inhibitors need to have a certain stability in order to achieve the effect of corrosion and scale inhibition. Therefore, it is necessary to strengthen the stability when using a corrosion inhibitor.
IRO advises customers to also understand the details of corrosion and scale inhibitors that should be noted during use.